Sunday, March 1, 2009

Penne Pasta Peter

Penne Pasta Peter ( I named it after my husband)

this will probably feed 8-10

ingredients:
2 boxes barilla whole wheat penne pasta ( or substitute it for store brand)
one diced green pepper- I used dried chopped tiny
one diced carrot- ditto
2 leeks
1 small can sliced black olives.
2 cups smoked turkey- cooked and chopped
2/3 cup cream ( I used raw* milk cream)
2/3 cup I used organic whole milk
feta cheese- to taste
garlic to taste - I used about one and a half teaspoon garlic powder
pepper and salt- or mrs. dash

* boil pasta with carrot and pepper. Sautee sliced leeks in olive oil- or butter. drain cooked pasta and veggies. Add leeks to pot. Add rest of ingredients in order. lastly add seasoning to taste. stit and serve. May need more milk if reheated next day. This is delicious. It would be great for a potluck and also has all four food groups. Could easily be made kosher.

No comments:

Post a Comment