Wednesday, February 11, 2009

my hunza bread

Hello I thought I would post my Hunza bread recipe:

dissolve: 2 and a half teaspoons yeast in 1 and a half cups warm water..
the add:
1 quarter cup wheat germ- I really like wheat germ and if you are like me you could add one third cup..
a pinch of salt
3 egg whites.. ( did you know that you can buy tins of dried egg whites at the supermarket- usually in the baking aisle...)
1 teaspoon ginger, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, 1 tsp nutmeg.
3 cups whole wheat flour
and 1 and a half cups golden raisins or chopped dried apricots
mix it up for a few minutes.
then dump into two greased bread pans. let rise until doubled. then bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
( alaska tip) I have trouble getting bread to rise in the winter on the cold countertop so I turn my oven on warm. When it is done warming up I shut it off and place the bread in the oven covered with a hand towel.)
Enjoy! - If you are ambitious add other items to it like sunflower seeds and nuts.. kids always need more protein! Well everybody does..
It's especially good with a cuppa tea and your feet up. ( I joke)

No comments:

Post a Comment