Tuesday, December 30, 2008

old blog post #1

Hello I am posting posts from my old blog 1 by 1. Here is the first:
"Thanksgiving"
We all have so many things to be thankful for. I was recently diagnosed with a disorder and with it comes pain. But the pain allows me to slow down. My husband has recently been out of work until the new project starts. But he has been home with us a whole month. On Sunday my youngest sang in the children's choir "Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS and again I said rejoice. A friend of mine called me this late afternoon and told me that her hot water heater broke. To replace it with the item they need it will cost all in all - alot. I was feeling so sorry for my friend when that song went through my head. I thought ok God I will. So I made some cookies and placed them in a little basket with some apple cider mix. I added a card that said:
Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10

and then I put something like. Rejoice in the Lord always so raise a milk toast to the Lord!

Then I sent my husband to their house with the little basket and I told him to say, " Here's a basket to celebrate your new hot water heater." And they didn't slam the door in his face! They laughed. When they read the card they will understand what he ( we) meant.

God is so good and he always keeps his promises. He wants good things for us. Sometimes we just have to take that step of faith. Just step out into the great unknown just you and God. So this Thanksgiving let's really count our blessings and our hardships too because through it all we are not alone and the sun will break through the clouds. It's more than a weather forecast. It's a promise!- Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment