more than 1 cup.
make with this and freeze or can the extra- ( check out all the money you are saving by doing this and laugh all the way home from the supermarket.)
easy enchilada sauce
2 lg. cans tomato sauce
1 sm. can tomato paste
lots + lots of chile powder (about 1/4 the whole spice container)
That's it! Cook/simmer for about 30-45 min's.
Hint: put onion in with hamburger meat while browning, not in sauce.
turkey gravy over- rice, potatoes, bisquits, noodles, ( feeling fancy? add peas and chopped cooked bacon to mix)
EASY WHITE GRAVY
4 tbsp. butter
4 tbsp. flour
2 1/2 c. milk
Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Blend in flour, salt and pepper; cook until smooth and bubbly. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling on medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir and boil 1 minute. Makes enough gravy for 1 can biscuits.
turkey salad on toast, bread, biscuits ( mix mayo and chopped turkey with olives, onion, real bacon bits, pickles, raisins, whatever takes want to try- go for it!)
turkey club sandwiches with tomato soup
under one cup
mixing with baked beans: make your own for freezing or canning with this recipe:
HOME CANNED BOSTON BAKED BEANS
1 quart dried navy beans (about 2 pounds)
2 teaspoons salt (for soaking beans)
1/2 lb lean salt pork, cut into 1 inch cubes
3 onions, sliced
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons dry mustard
2/3 cup molasses
This recipe can be doubled or tripled.
Cover beans with 3 quarts cold water and soak 12-18 hours in refrigerator or other cool place. Add 2 teaspoons salt to the soaking water. Bring to a boil. Cover the pot and simmer over low heat until skins begin to crack. Drain, saving the liquid.
Put the beans into a Crock-Pot or bean pot. Add pork and onions. Mix remaining ingredients together and stir into pot along with 4 cups of the liquid that the beans were cooked in. If you don't have enough liquid, add water to make 4 cups. Pour over the beans.
Cover and bake at 350°F for 3 1/2 hours. Add water, if needed, as the beans cook, to keep the beans "soupy".
Pack into hot canning jars leaving 1 inch of head space. Process pints 1 hour and 20 minutes, quarts 1 hour 35 minutes, at 10 lbs pressure (you might have to adjust for altitude).
Makes about 6 pints.
chinese dishes- mix with teryiaki or soy sauce and make stir fry and or chow mein - I have heard that in the lower 48 states you can get canned veggies at the dollar store. Also water chestnuts etc. That would be a welcome addiction. I use my home sprouted - bean sprouts- yum yum
Teriyaki Sauce 1
1 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. ginger
Mix together and stir. Very easy and good!
- check this one out-
Easy Stir-Fry Sauce
* 2-3 tablespoons cornstarch
* 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
* 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
* 2 cloves garlic, minced ( or garlic powder)
* 1/2 cup soy sauce
* 1/4 cup cider vinegar or white vinegar
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth or beef broth or chicken broth (I use chicken broth if my stir fry will have chicken, etc.)
* mix all together in a jar and shake up. Will store in fridge for two/three weeks. Or put in tupperwares and freeze as space allows. this will work for any meat from Moose to shrimp!
turkey noodle casserole ( use in place of tuna in tuna noodle)
use in any hamburger helper/ tuna helper/ chicken helper mix
make your own here:
2 cups Nonfat Dry Milk -- instant
1 cup Cornstarch
1/4 cup Chicken or Beef Bouillon Granules
2 tablespoons Onion Flakes -- dried
1 teaspoon Thyme -- dried
1 teaspoon Black Pepper
2 tablespoons Parsley -- dried
1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
Turn this recipe into a puzzle! [click]
Mix the ingredients together in a large bowl and store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
To Use: Chili Mac: Brown one pound ground beef and drain. Add one cup water, 1 1/2 cups of uncooked pasta, 30 oz canned chopped tomatoes, one tbsp chili powder and 1/2 cup seasoning mix.
Simmer covered 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Ground Beef Stroganoff: Brown 1 lb ground beef; drain. Add 2 cups water, 1/2 cup seasoning mix and 2 cups uncooked egg noodles and stir. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 15-20 minutes or until noodles are tender. Top with 1/2 cup sour cream. Serve immediately.
turkey hash- ( mix with leftover boiled potatoes that have been fried with peppers and onions) Be good with a couple eggs mixed in at the end
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
* 2 teaspoons garlic powder
* 2 cups milk
* 6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in Parmesan and pepper. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long.
* Don't ever throw any food away. it is wasteful. If nothing else mix the meat with bbq sauce and eat it with bread or as a dish. Waste not want not.